CCISO is the first of its kind certification that recognizes an individual’s accumulated skills in developing and executing an information security management strategy in alignment with organizational goals.
CCISO equips information security leaders with the most effective toolset to defend organizations from cyber-attacks.
To rise to the role of the CISO, strong technical knowledge, and experience is more imperative now than ever before but it must be accompanied by the ability to communicate in business value. CCISOs understand that their information security decisions often have a direct impact on their organization’s operational cost, efficiency, and agility. As organizations introduce new technologies, CCISOs will develop and communicate a strategy to avoid the potential risks stemming from their implementation to the organization’s operations.
C|CISOs are certified in the knowledge of and experience in the following C|CISO Domains:
- Governance (Policy, Legal & Compliance)
- IS Management Controls and Auditing Management (Projects, Technology & Operations)
- Management – Projects and Operations
- Information Security Core Competencies
- Strategic Planning and Finance
1. How do I sign up for the exam?
CLASS-LLC will provide exam registration instructions during the course. To register for the exam, you must complete the exam eligibility form and receive confirmation directly from EC-Council.
2. What resources are available to help me prepare for the CCISO exam?
The CCISO workshop presented by CLASS-LLC uses official EC-Council material, including the CCISO Body of Knowledge and instructor-led training to support the program.
3. Are there any additional costs associated with the CCISO application and exam?
The program fee charged by CLASS-LLC covers 100% of the costs required to participate in the course, including your application fee, exam voucher, and official course materials.
4. What experience and skills do I need to possess in order to qualify to sit for the CCISO exam?
To be approved to take the CCISO exam without first taking certified training, you will need to show evidence and present verifiers to show that you have 5 years of experience in each of the five CCISO domains. Experience waivers are available for some industry-accepted certifications and C|CISO Exam Eligibility Application Form higher education. Experience Waivers are granted in certain domains in the case of industry- accepted, professional certifications and higher degrees in information security. Between certification and training waivers, applicants can only waive 3 years of experience for each domain. If you have taken training, you must show 5 years of experience in 3 of the 5 domains in order to take the CCISO exam.
|DOMAIN||PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION WAIVERS||EDUCATION WAIVERS|
|1. Governance (Policy, Legal, & Compliance)||CGEIT, CRISC||Ph.D. Information Security, MS Security Management, MS Information Security Engineering (3 years), BS Information Security (2 Years)|
|2. IS Management Controls & Auditing Management||CGEIT, CRISC||Ph.D. Information Security, MS Security Management, MS Information Security Engineering (3 years), BS Information Security (2 Years)|
|3. Leadership – Projects and Operations||PMP, ITL, PM in IT Security||Ph.D. Information Security, MS Security Management, MS Information Security Engineering (3 years), BS Information Security (2 Years)|
|4. Information Security Core Concepts||CISSP, LPT, EDRP, CIPP, MBCP, CEH, CHFI|
|5. Strategic Planning & Finance||None||Ph.D. Information Security, MS Security Management, MS Information Security Engineering, (3 years); CPA, MBA, M. Fin. (2 years)|
5. Can I be Grandfathered into the program?
No. Grandfathering for the CCISO program ended December 31, 2013. There are no exceptions.
6. Does the CCISO Program map to any US Government frameworks?
Yes, the CCISO program maps to the US Government’s NICE framework. You can learn more here: http://ciso.eccouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/NICE-IA-Framework-and-EC-Council-Certs- Ecosystem-Mapping-CCISO.pdf.
7. What if I am not qualified to take the CCISO Exam?
Applicants found not qualified for the CCISO Exam may choose to take the EC-Council Information Security Manager (EISM) exam instead. The EISM exam is less challenging than the CCISO exam and leads to the EISM certification, which has no experience requirements but does require that you take CCISO training.
8. How do I know if CCISO is for me?
C|CISO is the right choice for you and your career if you:
- You aspire to attain the highest regarded title within the information security profession – CISO
- You already serve as a CISO and you want to advance your knowledge and expertise
- You are an IT leader and perform CISO functions within the organization
- You are a business executive and provide oversight for the CISO function within your organization
9. How long is the CCISO certification valid?
Your C|CISO certification is valid for a period of one year.
10. What do I need to do to renew my certification?
To renew your certification you must satisfy the Continuing Education requirements and remit a renewal fee of $100.00 (USD).
11. I have more questions.
CLASS-LLC is happy to answer questions about our delivery of the program. Specific questions about the CCISO credential should be directed to EC-Council at [email protected] or +1-505-341-3228.